- Federal Skilled worker: the candidates who are the skilled workers with some foreign experience can apply under this program.
- Federal Skilled Trades: This Program is eligible for skilled workers based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
- Canadian Experience Class: skilled workers who have Canadian work experience can apply under this program.
Express Entry visa is a point based system. Candidate has to get good scores out of 1200 CRS points (Comprehensive Ranking System).
These CRS points based on various factors such as:
- Human Capital Factors
- Spouse and Common Law Partner
- Skill Transferability
- Additional Factors
These factors take into account:
- Work experience
- Education qualifications
- Language skills
- Job offers
- Spouse or common-law partner
Canada express entry visa point calculator
Human Capital factor: (maximum 500 points)
|Human capital factor||Max. CRS points with spouse||Max. CRS points without spouse|
|Canadian work experience||80||80|
Skill Transferability factors: (maximum 100 points)
|With spouse||Without spouse|
|Combination of Education and Language proficiency OR Canadian work experience||50||50|
|Combination of Non-Canadian work experience and Language proficiency OR Canadian work experience||50||50|
|Combination of a Certificate of qualification and Language proficiency||50||50|
Additional factors: (Maximum 600 points)
|With spouse||Without spouse|
|Valid job offer letter||200||200|
|Siblings (Citizen or permanent residence)||15||15|
Minimum CRS scores: you will need to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC, to become a permanent resident of Canada through the Express Entry system. Candidate will only receive an ITA if his/ her CRS score is above or equal to the minimum CRS score set in a draw.
In this draw IRCC selects Express Entry applicants whose CRS scores are above a threshold. Draws mostly take place on Wednesdays after every two weeks, but sometimes IRCC deviate from this unspoken rule.
How to improve CRS scores?
There are numerous ways by which you can increase your CRS points:
- Receiving a provincial nomination program adds 600 points.
- Job offer from level 0 under NOC adds 200 points. Another job offer adds 50 points.
- Job offer under a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will give 600 CRS points.
- Core Human Capital Factors adds 600 Points. These points are for education qualifications like certifications, diplomas and degrees. Better your educational qualification scores the more CRS scores you will receive.
- Language skills are a great way to improve CRS scores. The higher your scores in French and English test like IELTS, TEF and CELPIP is the better CRS scores you will receive. Proficiency in language can add an extra 150 points.
- Having more work experience can also have an impact on CRS results.
- If you apply with your spouse or conjugal partner it can also help in improve your score, if you have correct work experience and educational background.
Apart from the CRS scores candidate must have these to apply for the express entry program you must have:
- Candidate must have a valid passport.
- National Occupation Classification
- Educational Credential Assessment Report.
- For checking English proficiency language tests such as IELTS, CELPIP, NCLC for French.
- Canadian job offer letter (if you have one) Provincial nomination (if you have one)
- Out of 1200 CRS points (Comprehensive Ranking System) receive good scores.
- If you score high enough on the CRS, you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA). To apply for permanent residence in Canada, you need an ITA.
- Point noted: the score required to apply for permanent residence changes with each draw. You still remain in the express entry pool for one year, Even if you do not qualify for a specific draw.
8. Pay an application a Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
9. Proof of funds stating that you can support yourself and your family financially during the stay.
10. Police clearance certificate stating that you have no previous criminal record.
11. Proof of medical examination.
12. Candidate should have experience of two or more years.
Please note that if you have a Canadian job offer, your future employer provide you with an LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment).
To get your Canadian visa through express entry contact the CWC we have a track record in highest visa success rate in permanent residence. Calculate your CRS scores on Canada express entry visa point calculator.