PROVINCIAL NOMINATION (PNP)
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Located in the central/east part of Canada, Ontario is one of the largest provinces of Canada in terms of stature and viability. It is home to the capital city of Canada, Ottawa. Ontario’s capital Toronto has emerged as one of the biggest cities in the world with world class infrastructure, employment opportunities, education, thriving businesses and a multicultural population of over 13 million. With its close proximity to USA’s east coast, Ontario has developed as a commercial hub for visitors, workers, businesses and immigrants alike.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is an economic immigration program designed to help Ontario meet its labour market shortages in specific sectors. Individuals with skills and experience required under OINP can be nominated for a permanent residency by the Ontario government. For understanding purpose, OINP can be divided into four major categories:
This program is designed specifically for employers who are finding it difficult to get qualified, skilled workers to work for them in Ontario. Through this program they may apply to get get approval of permanent, full-time positions to be filled by foreign nationals. Employers and investors can recruit foreign workers who are either visiting or residing in Canada or abroad in any managerial, professional or skilled trades occupation under NOC 0, A or B. The nominees, wither temporary foreign workers or visitors are required to provide documentation of their legal status before they are hired.
OINP Express Entry Category
Individuals who qualify under the federal skilled worker or canadian experience class category in the federal express entry system can apply. This stream enables OINP to nominate individuals who have the required education, skilled work experience, language ability, and other characteristics to help them successfully establish and integrate into Ontario’s labour market and communities. It is further divided into two sub categories:
- Human Capital Priorities Stream: Specially designed for skilled workers who want to live and work permanently in Ontario.
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream: For french-speaking skilled workers who have
strong English language abilities and who want to live and work permanently in Ontario.
International Student Category
OINP for international student is specifically designed for international students in Canada/ Ontario and they are further subdivided into the following categories .
- International Student with a Job Offer:An international student who has a full-time permanent job offer in a skilled job (NOC 0, A or B) who meets the market wage level for that occupation can apply under this category. To qualify as an international student, they must have graduated (full-time degree or diploma) from an eligible publicly-funded college or university in Canada which is at least two years in length or a one year post-graduate certificate program. They are required to have completed half of their studies in Canada and apply within two years from graduation.
- Masters Graduate Stream: Individuals who have obtained a masters degree in Ontario can apply directly for OINP. They do not need a job offer.
- PhD Graduates Stream: Individuals who have obtained a PhD degree in Ontario can apply directly for OINP. They do not need a job offer.
The province of Ontario is looking to attract foreign investors, corporations and entrepreneurs. Those who meet the criteria listed by the government and who are interested to settle their base on Ontario or expand their business in the province may receive a nomination through OINP for a permanent Residency. Currently, OINP is accepting application under the Corporate Stream and Expression Of Interests in the Entrepreneur Stream.
- Corporate Stream: The OINP’s Corporate Stream helps and supports established international corporations looking to expand into Ontario or buy an existing business. This is applicable if the business is viable and has the potential to bring significant economic benefit to Ontario. Key staff members may be eligible to apply for a temporary work permit, a provincial nomination and eventually a permanent residency.
- Entrepreneur Stream: The OINP’s Entrepreneur Stream helps individuals from countries outside of Canada to implement a new business idea or buy an existing business in Ontario. This is applicable if the business is viable and has the potential to bring significant economic benefit to Ontario.Entrepreneurs may be eligible to apply for a temporary work permit; a provincial nomination and eventually a permanent residency.
We Can Make It !